Sunday, June 24, 2007

Stay Tuned

Its 0843 Monday morning here. A lot has happened since I last wrote. I got my Taco Bell, and I got my Pizza Hut. We caught some bad guys and at 0300 this morning I got my ass rocked by another roadside bomb. I’m fine though. There is no need to worry. Just battered and severely bruised but I will soldier on.

I hope your Monday starts out better than mine did. If you see Holly or my Mom give them a hug, they worry just like I am sure you all do. But I think news like this hits them harder than the two 130mm rounds from 6 feet away hit me. Give ‘em a hug and check back in tomorrow and hopefully I will get some time to write.

As for now I must go get checked by the PA and the Physical Therapist on the FOB. Then maybe I can squeeze in a few hours rest before I roll out again this evening.

Love you all,
JAKE

5 Comments:

At Jun 25, 2007, 7:37:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

so thankful you are okay, you've had some close calls! take it easy while you can! lisa

 
At Jun 25, 2007, 12:13:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I told you to be careful, I dont want to have to get the raft out and paddle my butt over there, but I will. Your making my visits to the blog a little more apprehensive. Very glad your ok though buddy, looking forward to having you back in the states for good. -MC Phi Phi

 
At Jun 25, 2007, 12:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You take care, Jake! I talked to your mom on Saturday, so I will need to check on her today after this story!

 
At Jun 26, 2007, 5:34:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you are okay, but I think you need to come home so I don't have to worry about you every day...

<3Me

 
At Jun 27, 2007, 8:52:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's twice now Jake....glad you're doing better

--ok now you know the words...sing along everyone---

I'm stuck on bandaids,
cuz bandaids stuck on me !!!

Paul

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home