Sunday, June 03, 2007

Rest And Recuperation - Part II

After the whirlwind that was my homecoming at DFW, it all just kept getting better once we made it home. From the midnight call to go meet everyone out at Louie’s on Campus, to all the friends and family and everyone that showed up Saturday night. It was great not only seeing everyone but to see everyone in one place having a good time was even better.

From there we headed north and Holly was finally able to meet the rest of my family. Being Mothers Day it was also great day to spend some time with my Mother. I think she liked the gift of her boy coming home and having all her kids together again. It was a great day and there was great weather to make it all that much better. It was great to see my family and to just begin to try and thank them for all the things that they have done since I have been over here. It was a quick little trip but we got it done, and I can not wait to see them all again when I get home.

With all the family and friends seen it was time for Holly and I to take some time to ourselves so for some real relaxation what better place than Las Vegas. In the past 23 years of my life I have heard many stories about just amazing and extravagant Vegas is but until you see it in person you have just no idea. Stories, pictures, the Travel Channel just cant do Vegas justice. We stayed there for 3 nights and every night there was like a Friday. It was wild. Now, I have never been a person to just have the best luck. So the odds were against me in Vegas. But despite the fact that I was losing money left and right I was still having a great time. Luckily, Holly was having pretty good luck for the first few days to help make up for my losing. The second day some friends drove out from California so see us for the day which was awesome seeing as we haven’t seen them in nearly a year. Justin had been to Vegas quite a few times since moving out to California and for some reason I decided to listen to him when he said we should go play Texas Hold’em there at Caesar’s Palace. So we did, and at first I was up big, but that was slowly dwindled down and like a meth addict I just couldn’t quit and after having nearly 500 dollars in chips I left the table with a little over a hundred. So lesson learned; peer pressure in Vegas is a very bad thing. But still, I was having a great time. But that sums up my gambling in Vegas, I had fun, but I lost a lot. But it’s Vegas so; who cares?

Holly and I really did our best to see all the sights we could. But even a week in Vegas just wouldn’t be enough time I am afraid. We rode the coaster at New York – New York, saw the Shark Aquarium at Mandalay Bay a Cirque Du Soleil show at NY-NY and the water show at the Bellagio and after seven months in Iraq, we ate like royalty. No matter where you eat the food is great. But there is one restaurant in the Venetian that was highly recommended by my Aunt and Uncle by the name, Delmonico Steakhouse. Hands down, Best. Meal. Ever. That’s all I can really say about it. It was just awesome. So next time you visit, before you lose all your money, go there.

All and all Vegas was more than I could ever have expected. My entire leave was way better than I could have ever imagined. It was great to be able to see everyone, even if it was for just a short period of time. I was so happy I got to see everyone that I did. I can not thank you all for everything that you did for Holly and I while I was home. All the gifts and support really were way more than I ever expected and I am truly blessed to have such friends and family out there. You all really made my R&R great. Even my brothers “Labrador from hell”, Stella, even she wasn’t too big of a pain in the ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home