Friday, March 23, 2007

Almost There

Well, I am finally back on the FOB just in time to head back out to the Patrol Base for a few more days. The past few days were pretty busy. We did three straight nights of Air Assault missions. That’s when we all load up on helicopters and get dropped off in the middle of no where and all we got is what we have on us, and it’s a lot. We carry a lot of gear because you never know what you will find while you are out there. So we carry everything from rocket launchers (AT-4) to bolt cutters, to spike strips and as always plenty of ammo.

So the month of March is soon to be coming to and end and the end of this month is a major milestone for this deployment. As of April 1st I will have been gone for 6 months. Yeah, six months already, half a year gone. I haven’t seen my family or friends or fiancé this whole time. But I will soon! As it stands right now and as always is subject to change, I should be home around the first of May for some much needed R&R. I get two weeks from the day I land in Dallas to spend with everyone, and I am so looking forward to it. Holly and I had big plans to go on a cruise or to Mexico or Puerto Rico, but with it never really being for sure on what day I would arrive it made it hard to plan a trip. So we have decide to go somewhere that is almost a sure bet on a good time; Las Vegas. You cant go wrong with Vegas from what I have been told. I myself have never been and neither has Holly but with the crappy luck that we both have I am sure that we can waste plenty of money in a short time. I have also heard that they are very welcoming to soldiers coming in from Iraq, so I will be playing the “I nearly got my head blown off by a bomb” card and see what upgrades I can get with that.

Well everyone this is the first night that I can get more than 5 hours of sleep so I plan on taking full advantage of that. I head out for 48 hours of fun in the sun so I will check in a few days from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home