Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Maybe there are still a few of you that have yet to see the news but I would really be surprised. Most of you actually knew before I did. I just found out yesterday while Holly and my mother knew on Wednesday. But I guess that’s to be expected from the Army. After three and a half years I should have known better.

But yes, it is true. My unit and every other unit over here has been extended. That’s right; my 12 month tour is now a 15 month tour. So I will miss another Thanksgiving, Christmas, spend my 23rd and 24th birthday here and miss Holly’s birthday which will be for the third year straight.

There are a lot of reasons that this is happening. Mostly cause of “The Surge”, the fact that troops are only getting 10 months back home before having to re-deploy. I think it has to do with both those reasons and the fact that Republicans know they are running out of time until the plug gets pulled on this place. This is thier “Hail Mary” with 3 seconds left in the 4th.

But just like a soldier is supposed to do, we shut up and continue on. One day we will get back home. Hopefully.

2 Comments:

At Apr 17, 2007, 7:12:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, yes we heard but just like you are so disappointed. We ALL want you home for every holiday t because we love you. You are an inspiration to all of us as is Holly, We all be waiting for you in May, until them we send our love and prayers.
GrandMary and PaPaBear

 
At Apr 19, 2007, 2:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

bad news bears...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home