Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Two Clicks South of Hell

Just south of Hell you will find a little place on the map known as Iraq and during the summer the heat waves blur the lines of just where Hell ends and where Iraq begins. Violence picks up as the heat does and the heat just beats you down a little more. Of course the desert is going to be hot and I fully understood that coming into this place. I also thought; “It gets hot in Oklahoma and Texas so can it really be that much worse over here?” I am an idiot. First of all it’s not even to the hottest part of the year and I am whining. But as for now its 113 in the shade and the “breeze” feels more like someone is walking in front of you with a blow dryer and throwing handfuls of sand in your face.

Really all I can say is that it’s miserable already. Even the flies in this country can’t tolerate the sun so they hide in the shade making every refuge from the sun just a bit less uncomfortable. I’m not just talking about the one or two annoying flies that buzz by like in the states. I am talking forty or fifty that are all over you, which is probably due to the fact I have been sweating for the past 36 hours and smell just better than the north end of a south bound moose. It’s ridiculously annoying and I really just wish I was laid out on the couch soaking up some A/C and mindlessly channel surfing.

2 Comments:

At Jun 6, 2007, 11:29:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel really bad complaining about my sunburn now. It was good to see you in the States bro. Looking forward to having you back for good buddy. Stay cool, and stay safe. -mc phi phi

 
At Jun 10, 2007, 8:54:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was great to see you. is there anything we can send to you that would make it feel a little less miserable? cold wraps for the neck? or something like that? whatever you need, please let us know. God speed. t and t owens

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home