Friday, October 19, 2007

Long Time, No Blog

So the real reason for the lack of blogs lately is the fact that I am really freaking busy. But I have a few hours of down time so I thought I would update all my friends and family back home. So here is the latest from Iraq:

- The weather is FINALLY cooling off and at night it almost gets down to “chilly”.

- My replacement is here. That is the reason why we have been so busy, it is that we are training these guys on everything we have learned over the past 13 months.

- I was at a ceremony where I was awarded a coin by Major General Mixon, (Two Star) commander of the 25th Infantry Division and commander of Multi- National Forces Iraq – North. I was given this for my coordination of Close Air Support (Two F-16 fighters) a Scout Weapons Team (Two Kiowa Attack Helicopters) and two Abrams tanks. Using these forces I was able to guide them on to a team emplacing IED’s and wipe them off the face of the planet. That was my second team to destroy that week.

- I have been packing my bags!

- I have been working very hard on my Fantasy Football teams despite having one of the worst teams in the league.

- I have been missing Holly's birthday for the third year in a row. There is always next year!

- I have also been rubbing in our victory to all the Tex-Ass fans I see around here. Boomer Sooner!

Those are just a few of the many things that are going on around this place. Things are rather crazy. We are all busting our humps for the last few weeks to finish a few fights that we started and to ensure that these guys from the 101st Airborne are well trained and educated on everything going on in our AO. I really will try to post more, I swear. I do have some more pictures to post also. Maybe I will get motivated and do that. All I really know is that I am getting closer and closer to getting out of here. I have less than one month of actual combat left. Then someday soon after that… I will be home.

3 Comments:

At Oct 20, 2007, 6:33:00 PM , Blogger 5150Wife said...

On the award: Congratulations!!!!

On the Sooners: (whispering softly from Cowboy Country here) Go OU!

On coming home: Can 'hear' your excitement and am very happy for you and your family.

Stay safe!


K-

 
At Oct 21, 2007, 7:34:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats jake! we are counting the days with you. be safe and GOD BLESS YOU. t and t o.

 
At Oct 24, 2007, 7:43:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad your finally getting to come home buddy. We cant wait to have you back. I am proud of you bro, you have no doubt went above and beyond the call of duty and you have the bling to prove it. Ha ha. Let me know where we are celebrating upon your return. Stay safe buddy. MC "big" Phi Phi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home