Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Well That's Just Great

So here I am in Iraq. Obviously I am not in the best of places of situations. But I am making due with what I have and I am getting through the days one by one. But then today someone somewhere decided to add just a little more icing to my cake.

As usual on a payday I go check my bank account online, managed by the good people at Republic Bank and Trust. Well much to my surprise there was not as much money as I had hoped. Upon further investigation I see that there are about 9 charges to my account totaling up to just under a thousand dollars. My first thought was, “What the hell has Holly bought now…” But after a deep breath I knew there was no way it could have been her. I really doubt that she had been shopping on to many baby furniture sites. At least I hoped not.

I call her to let her know what’s going on and as I had hoped it wasn’t her; she would never do such a thing, she is too sweet. But now my fears were starting to come true. Someone has stolen my bank account information.

I get on the phone and call up Republic and I was able to get a freeze put on my account and come Monday when all the charges are processed then we will begin the dispute paperwork and hopefully be able to get our money back. Good thing I am over here and have no need for cash 99% of the time.

Hopefully it will be a quick fix; hopefully I don’t have to go around and around trying to get it all taken care of. Hopefully the good people at Republic can handle this situation. It’s not easy handling normal finance matters while over here and I doubt this will be any easier.

I really want to meet the person or people behind this. They must have been really in need of some high quality baby furniture. I wonder if they will tell there kid one day that all his/her baby furniture was purchased from a stolen credit card? I wonder if they realize what I could do to them.

3 Comments:

At Oct 3, 2007, 7:48:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's rotten! i feel so sorry for you & holly, you certainly don't need any more stress. hope it gets worked out. sorry to hear of your trouble, but it is always good to hear from you! lisa

 
At Oct 4, 2007, 3:33:00 PM , Blogger 5150Wife said...

Oh No! That's terrible!
I do hope they pull some strings to get this straightened out darn quick. Did you play the "I'm risking my life for you over here" card? I hope you did. Seriously. B/c they need to know why it's extra important that they right this wrong immediately and without further aggrevation.

K-

 
At Oct 4, 2007, 3:57:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little Timmy: Mommy why does this crib have a purple heart on it?
Mom: Oh son it was made from the blood and sweat of America's finest.
Little Timmy: Daddy?
Mom: Well son I really don't know who your dad is.
Little Timmy: So how did we afford it?
Mom: I stole this brave soldier's credit card.
Little Timmy: BITCH!

Much love,
Beau

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home